Post-Surgery Advice for Mesothelioma
Some Myths Cleared:
- Morphine usage does not lead to addiction- The doctors prescribe safe levels that are necessary for the patients.
- The body does not develop a tolerance to the medicine- The dosage of the medicine can be safely increased and the same medicine can be used for treatment.
- Morphine and other opiods do not induce respiratory failure- The body can easily adjust to the increase if morphine in the bloodstream and respiration process goes on as normal.
- Opiods are not for patients who are near death- The function of opiods is to relieve pain.
Other related links:
- Pain and Its Effects
- What Can You Do?
- Types of Medication
- Side Effects and Warnings
© Copyright mesothelioma
- Site map