Post-Surgery Advice for Mesothelioma
Pain and Its Effects:
- Cancer patients tend to see pain as a sign of weakness. This is not true. Pain is an important component of healing and should be considered so.
- Sometimes the attitude to pain leads patients to compromise on the quality of treatment.
- Pain has not only, physical but psychological and emotional repercussions. Post surgery pain can lead to the following:
- Loss of sleep
- Inability to cope
- Loss of appetite
- Withdrawal from social interaction
- Cancer related pain can be treated in about 95% of the cases. Out of these, 85% just require treatments as simple as oral administration of pain relievers.
Other related links:
- What Can You Do?
- Some Myths Cleared
- Types of Medication
- Side Effects and Warnings