Post-Surgery Advice for Mesothelioma
What can you do?
- Do not ignore your pain or wait for it to worsen. Seek help immediately.
- Help may come from an oncologist, a neurosurgeon or an anestheologist.
- All the above mentioned specialists may work together to relieve tour pain. In that case, you should chalk out an individual treatment plan with them that is tailor made for your ailment.
- You must make sure that both you and your team of specialists know the exact nature of your problem. As in the case of treatment of mesothelioma, you need to weigh the pros and cons of each available option with the team and then select the best one.
- Remember that there are three types of pain-
Somatic Pain- This is the pain resulting from a tumor pressing against a bone or an organ.
Neuropathic Pain- This pain results from a tumor touching or pressing against the nerves of the body.
Breakthrough- This is the temporary pain that occurs even if you are undergoing medication.
Other related links:
- Pain and Its Effects
- Some Myths Cleared
- Types of Medication
- Side Effects and Warnings